If you have questions about the coronavirus situation and travelling to our destination and Norway, you'll find updated information and travel advice at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health
Travel advice for travel between Norway and other European countries
If you want to travel to Norway, note that you may have to stay in quarantine for 10 days after arrival. Exemptions are given upon arrival in Norway from areas in the Nordic countries and other EU/EEA/Schengen countries with sufficiently low transmission. Norway is not yet open for travellers from countries outside of the EU/EEA/Schengen area.
- On the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH)´s official website, you´ll find a map and a list of which contries and regions that are exempt from quarantine. Check out the webpage here, this page will be updated at least every second week.
If you are travelling to Norway, you may also get the opportunity to get tested for the coronavirus (for free) upon arrival, as test centres will be established at several airports, border crossings, and ports.
When travelling in Norway, you are encouraged to pay with card instead of cash to help reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus. If you have a contactless-enabled card, this is the best thing to use as it allows you to complete a purchase without touching the payment terminal at all. Note that some shops, restaurants and tour operators do not accept cash payments at the moment.
- Please notice that both national and local rules and regulations related to the coronavirus and travelling in Norway change frequently and on short notice. All travellers, both international and domestic, are therefore encourages to seek out the most updated information by visiting the relevant webpages. You should also follow precautionary guidelines, such as frequent hand - washing and social distancing, and respect regulations in place.
- For further details on who can travel to Norway, how you can travel to get here, quarantine rules and Q&A see the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI)´s the official website.
- For health advice, useful links and other relevant information, see The Norwegian Directorate of Health´s official website (helsenorge.no).
- For the latest information and advice about the coronavirus situation and travel for Norwegians, see the Government´s official website.
- For updated information related to travel and COVID-19, see The Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH)´s official website.
If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain and breathing difficulties, please stay in your hotel room and contact guest service by telephone or call the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at 116 117 for guidance and assistance.
For information pertaining to cruise ships and the port, please see www.nordkapphavn.no
For information pertaining to aviation and airports, please see the website of Avinor.
The tourist information is open Monday - Friday 11.00 - 14.00. Digital channels will be open for questions.
Given the rapid changes at the moment, we encourage everyone to check the websites of individual businesses for updated information.